The destruction due to water damage is often severe and require an immediate response of a professional water restoration company. Excess moisture or other common water damage scenarios cause much harm to personal property and pose serious health risks if the water in unsanitary or is left standing, which is a sure way to mold and water contamination. Thus, having an immediate professional water damage cleanup and restoration is vital to securing your health and your property.
As soon as you notice water damage, call us at 803-802-5385 so your home can be restored quickly and efficiently.
Common Sources of Water Damage
Before water damage cleanup, it is essential to understand where the water is coming from. Some sources of water damage are all too obvious:
- Tornadoes and thunderstorms
- Flooded Basements
- Overflowing toilets, bathtubs or sinks
- Sewer backups
- Busting of old, clocked or frozen pipes
- Flooding in a result of fighting the fire
Other water damage scenarios may be not recognized right away causing water damage to stay unaddressed for a more extended period-of-time. For example, hosts may not notice the leaks due to bad connections on the downspout, cracked or collapsed sewer pipes, water supply line and roof leaks, warm floor pipe leaks, etc. or may not pay attention to the rainwater standing on their flat roofs or balconies. While less obvious, these types of water damage might be not less dangerous and require professional water damage restoration. This way, a good practice is to call professionals to inspect your home any time you suspect water damage.
Why Water Damage Restoration is so Important
Professionals distinguish between several types of water damage, which require diverse approaches to water cleanup and mitigation. These types are
Category 1 clean water (most often, this is water due to tub or sink overflows)
Category 2 grey water (this is water containing chemicals; you might experience this category of water damage when your dishwasher or a washing machine breaks up, and the water from it overflows), and
Category 3 black water (flood and sewage water damage or category 2 water left unattended; such water is heavily contaminated and poses serious health risks)
While there is always some risk that you do not adequately address the water damage, trying to clean up black water on your own is extremely hazardous. It is important that water damage restoration includes not only the water cleanup but also disinfection.
Immediate response the water damage restoration company is also important to prevent the mold, which starts growing as soon as few days after water damage, even if it’s not substantial. The potential of mold turns flood damage into an even bigger problem, which needs to be addressed with professional mold remediation services.
Why Remedics Restoration is Your Best Choice for Water Damage Restoration
When your home has experienced a flood or an overflow, or you suspect water damage in the areas that you cannot easily access, it’s essential to call in experts in water damage restoration as soon as possible. In our service area, Remedics Restoration Carolinas might be the best choice. Here are the reasons why:
- We follow ANSI Accredited S500 Standard for Water Damage Restoration that makes our work grounded on reliable restoration principles, research and practical experience.
- Our restoration company has A+ rating in the Better Business Bureau.
- We have 18+ years of industry experience, which makes us frankly say, “We have seen it all” whatever the severity of your water damage is.
- We appreciate that water damage is a stressful event for you and your family and bill directly to the insurance to save you the trouble.
- We prefer human communication and do not outsource emergency calls to AI assistants – they may be intelligent, but we care and sympathize. For the same reason, we maintain a high level of communication with you throughout the whole process of water damage restoration.
Water Damage Restoration Steps
- Emergency contact. The first precondition of a successful water restoration is an emergency contact. Remedics Restoration Carolinas responds to calls 24/7 to start addressing the damage as soon as possible and to instruct you on your best course of action while you are waiting for us to arrive. Direct communication with you makes the water damage restoration process fast and efficient.
- Inspection. The next step in water damage restoration is the inspection and determination of the affected areas and degree of contamination. The first thing we commonly do upon arrival is to make sure the water supply to your home or business is turned off. Then, our water restoration professionals carefully assess the amount of property damage and develop a water mitigation plan.
- Water Removal. Then, it’s time to apply pumps and vacuums for water extraction so we can prevent any further damage. Using the services of Remedics Restoration, you will substantially decrease the drying time, which has a dramatic effect in terms of secondary water damage and mold mitigation.
- Drying and Dehumidification. Our company uses professional air movers and dehumidifiers to remove the remaining water and moisture from the structure and the air. This will prevent the growth of mold and some unnoticed damage to your home.
- Cleaning and sanitizing. Another important step is cleaning and sanitizing of the furniture, carpets and other personal belongings is another step you do not want to forget about. With Remedics Restoration Carolinas, you can rest assured the best cleaning techniques are used to restore your home. We will also remove and dispose of the damaged materials.
- Water Damage Repairs. Our last step is water damage restoration is water damage repairs of your home back to the pre-damage condition. Repairs may include replacement of the flooring, carpet, cabinets or drywall. By providing reconstruction services, we save you from the need to find other contractors, calling us becomes your one-step solution to a water damage problem.